Potatoes are a great source of vitamins B and C, potassium and complex carbohydrates, making them the perfect base for these delicious Fiesta Potatoes!
Before cooking, be sure to wash and dry your potatoes thoroughly, cutting out any sprouts or eyes.
Find some locally-grown Kentucky potatoes at your city’s farmers’ market and create these delicious Fiesta Potatoes for you and your family tonight!
Make Fiesta Potatoes!
Yield: 12 half-cup servings
- 8 small to medium russet potatoes, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- ¾ tablespoon salt
- ¼ tablespoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place potatoes, bell peppers and onion in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Then, place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Then, drain the vegetables and place in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the cheese, margarine, milk and seasonings until combined.
- Then, spread the mixture in a 9×13 inch baking pan that has been sprayed with a non-stick coating.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Finally, serve and enjoy!
This Recipe Was Created By Plate it Up Kentucky Proud. Plate it Up Kentucky Proud is a partnership project between the University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service, the Kentucky Department of Agriculture and the University of Kentucky School of Human Environmental Sciences